Friday, March 9, 2007

What Next

This has really been a great experience for me. It was so difficult finding the time to get my presentation together and get sub plans together for most of the week. But the experience was well worth it. I have learned so much and it has been great to be around so many innovative and creative people. It really energizes me to keep going that extra mile to be creative and do what I love. Will Richardson said that it is important for students to know how their teachers learn. I think that my students get to see me learning each day. I love teaching because I love children and I love learning.

So, what's next? Well, now I have a $10,000 grant to hold me to pushing the envelope and engaging my students in creative ways. I am already thinking about what I will present next year at NCCE.

I am hoping that I will be accepted to go to a Discovery Educators Summer Workshop this summer. This sounds like an incredible opportunity. The application will be coming out soon. I think that they said that there are 30 spots at each of of the workshops. We will see.

No comments: