Friday, March 9, 2007

3-9-07 Learning Legacy: Me

Creating a Learning Legacy: Incorporating Kid Created Multimedia Into Standards Based LessonsMartha Thornburgh, 5th Grade Teacher , Lincoln Elementary

Students show what they know by creating multimedia lessons on standards based content. These whiteboard movies, podcasts, videos and slide shows can be archived to use as teaching tools for future classes. Students learn while creating a learning legacy for others.

Learning Legacy Blog

My presentation was the last session on the last day. I was afraid no one would come, but there was a good group of teachers who attended. Teachers seemed to enjoy seeing samples of student media. Teachers had lots of good questions and comments. One teacher commented that he could see why I was awarded the Qwest Grant. That was very encouraging. I made a blog with my PowerPoint and a list of links and teachers followed along as I shared.

No comments: